Africa is endowed with many resources of which arable land is one of its richest. Agri businesses become naturally viable options for the transformation of rural economies. How to apply scarce resources to create this reality is often the biggest challenge. Partnerships that offer technical assistance, training, integrated technologies and environment impact awareness are equally necessary. This roundtable will showcase successful projects and case studies to provide any practitioner in this sector with the critical knowledge to get started or improve existing initiatives. Along with the opportunity to establish useful networks, glean from the NGOs, investors and developers involved in successful micro to medium sized agri projects who will come together to share valuable concepts, experience and innovation.
- Gain practical experience in understanding current rural development issues and working with communities and family managed rural enterprises.
- Develop key research and policy skills for financially rewarding rural projects.
- Access personal development resources to empower your community
- Sustainable rural development projects with short term returns that pay in 6 months 2 years.
- Motivational and informative panel sessions
- Learn how to generate income in rural
Head: Agro Processing & Agriculture
- Read Speaker BioMr. Manoj Seonath is a Chartered Accountant by profession with his Masters in Commerce. He served his articles at Deloittes and has been with the IDC for the past 17 years. He has significant experience in deal making, financial structuring and risk assessment. He has also successfully completed the GIBS Executive Development Programme (2012).He also plays an active role in Training and Development at the IDC. Manoj has occupied various positions over the years at the IDC, including Senior Dealmaker, Regional Manager (KZN), Head of Operations and Regions and currently is the Head of the Agro Processing and Agriculture SBU at the IDC. He is passionate about making a difference, especially with regards to employment creation and industrial development.
Chief Executive Officer
- Read Speaker BioAs the Chief Executive Office at Amadlelo Agri Mr Simpiwe Somdyala is tasked with the responsibility to lead and oversee the growth and transformation of the Amadlelo Group. Simpiwe has over 29 years’ experience spanning development finance, enterprise development and community development. He is passionate about the development of the agricultural sector and believes that, together with skills/education, infrastructure and digital transformation, agriculture will be the key driver of inclusive growth and economic transformation.Prior to joining Amadlelo Simpiwe was part of the leadership team at Old Mutual Limited, ran his own business and has worked for private and Development Finance Institutions.He serves on several non-governmental and private sector Boards holds a Hons BCom, MBA, EDP and other leadership development certificate programmes.
Thomas de Ridder
Digital business and platform economics specialist | Human Insights
- Read Speaker BioThomas de Ridder is a digital business strategist and specialist in digital platform and ecosystem economics with many years of experience in researching and developing apps, software and business models related to FinTech, agriculture, rural and regional development. His Masters degree focused on digital marketing of places and usability of websites and apps for small and rural municipalities and their investment and tourism promotion agencies.
Theresa T Rubhara
University of South Africa
- Read Speaker BioTheresa is a post-doctoral researcher with the University of South Africa. She holds a PhD in food security from University of KwaZulu Natal, South Africa and a masters in rural development from Van Hall Larenstein University, Netherlands. Emanating from the Sub-Saharan region, Theresa’s research interests are inspired by the need for sustainable livelihoods, improved food security and rural development in the region. She is specifically interested in economics of food production, financing the agricultural sector, value addition of commodities and the policy framework influencing rural development. As such, she has recently published several journal articles under the mentioned themes.
Tshilimangana Agricultural Cooperative
- Read Speaker BioMr Prince Khwerana, holds a National Diploma in Animal Production from the Tshwane University of Technology and he is the founder of Tshilimagana Agriculture Cooperative.He also has an agriculture consultancy firm that assist emerging cooperatives, schools and individuals who are interested in farming called The Golden Key Agri Consulting. After graduating from TUT, he decided to start farming in his village. The chief provided the cooperative with 23 Hectors of land in 2010. They were five members interested in planting maize and through working together, they have managed to succeed in putting to great use the loans received from The National Meat Producers and the National Development Agency
Virtual Roundtable : Financing For Sustainable Rural Development Projects
R 3,990.00 Including VAT