Milla SA welcomes you to the Annual Public Sector Property and Land Administration conference. This event places special emphasis on the enhancement of public sector service delivery and sustainable development at local, provincial and national spheres of government through a continuous learning platform. Land and property valued at billions of Rand is a challenge for any organisation to manage. For professionals who have the daunting task of administering this portfolio, this is a not to be missed Online Conference. Join us on 17th and 18th November 2021 when we focus on the fundamental principles of effective Public Sector Property and Land Administration together with the latest developments in this space.
Ms Neo Mosebo | DDG Property Management | Gauteng Department of Infrastructure Development
- Read Speaker BioNeo Mosebo is a Deputy Director General: Property Management in the Gauteng Department of Infrastructure and Development. She has a broad industry experience in property, asset, and facilities management. Her experience spans over a period of 21 years in the Public Sector. Prior to joining the Department, she was an Executive Manager: Real Estate in Transnet Freight Rail, where she championed the repositioning of the then property management to be strategically aligned with rail business. She earned a nomination as Profession of the Year: Public Sector at SA Women in Property Awards in 2018.
Chief Executive Officer
Property Sector Charter Council
- Read Speaker BioPortia is currently the CEO of The Property Sector Charter Council. The organisation that is entrusted with developing the strategy and Programs to transform the property sector as outline in the Property Sector Charter. She has worked in various public and private entities and has an extensive knowledge and is an expert in “transformation” as driven in the RSA by the BBBEE framework. She also has extensive experience in dealing with and lobbying Government and a true expert on issues of transformation. She has led and facilitated the discussions on transformation targets with the major property stakeholders. A process which has enabled Property Sector to obtain its own Sector Charter under BBBEE Act. Portia lead a research process that aims to create a consolidated body of knowledge which fosters consistent understanding of the Property sector in South Africa. In the pursuit to understanding SA property sector, she revealed the first of its kind research information that consolidates the South African property industry market size and Impact of the South African Property Sector on the National Economy Portia’s has extensive experience working both locally and abroad. She has won numerous awards in her current role and continuous to serve in both Government and private sector boards and council especially in the property and Built environment sector
Head of Department for Real Estate | Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality
- Read Speaker BioManyane previously worked as Assistant Director (Housing Finance) in Gauteng Department of Housing; Deputy Director (Investment Analysis) at the National Department of Public Works; Senior Manager (Portfolio Analysis) at the City of Joburg Property Company (JPC). He is a Professional Valuer and an Incorporate Member of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB). In 2014 he was appointed by the State President as the Sworn Appraiser to the Tax Court of the Republic of SA. His areas of interest include conducting project feasibility studies on land, development leases, land disposals, property Investment Analysis, mortgage lending, property finance as well as Highest and Best Use Analysis. Currently, Manyane is the Head of Department for Real Estate at the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality, the metro that prides itself with getting a string of unqualified audits, including two clean audits as well as a prestigious AAA+ rating from Moody’s ratings agency. His research interest is to do a troubleshooting study that will investigate elevating Ekurhuleni as the Metro to do business with, with a bias on high-rise vertical buildings. Manyane’s next career step is to offer consulting on the use of drone technology to do mapping, GIS, agricultural inspection, and project management. Ask him for more.
Statutory Control Officer
- Read Speaker BioLerato is town Planner working for the South African National Roads Agency Limited (SANRAL). She obtained a Bachelor of Science in Urban and Regional Planning from the University of the Witwatersrand, and has 14 years of experience in Engineering and the Built Environment sector. Her experience includes Land Use Management, Strategic Urban Planning, Outdoor Advertising, and Land Portfolio Management in the Public Sector (Metropolitan Municipality and SOE). She is passionate about property investments and has completed a Property Investment and Development course with the University of Cape Town. The role of land in poverty eradication is her area of high interest.
- Read Speaker BioSanett is the Managing Director of Serendipityremix, a property research and consultancy company she started in 2016. Her extensive experience in the built environment includes management, due diligence, economics, and research. Sanett started her career at Rode & Associates as a retail report editor and survey manager. She joined Broll Property Group as research manager before moving to Colliers International South Africa as Director: Western Cape Operations and National Research. Sanett returned to Broll as Head of Research and Marketing. She joined JHI Properties as Executive: Research, Consulting, Due Diligence and Valuations before setting out on her own in 2016.
Ba Dula Tau Properties
- Read Speaker BioChristo Weilbach currently serves as a Board member with the Estate Agency Affairs Board of South Africa (EAAB). He has portfolios on various Board sub-committees, ranging from Transformation to Finance. Furthermore, he is the Principal and Owner of Ba Dula Tau Properties. Christo is the past National President of the Institute of Estate Agents of South Africa, was a Board member of the Property Sector Charter Council Board and was also a member of the newly formed National Property Practitioners Council. Christo presents both locally and internationally and participates in discussions at various events and on various media channels.
HSG Attorneys Inc.
- Read Speaker BioHSG Attorneys Inc. is a project focused law firm that specializes in property law, land rights, project conveyancing, planning and environmental law. HSG is one of South Africa’s first environmental law firms in the country and has assisted numerous organs of states and private companies in resolving property and development related issues. Odwa has been responsible in acquiring over hundred thousand hectares of land in rural communities that is required for infrastructure development purposes and has become a specialist in the field.
- Read Speaker BioKwazi has worked in the KZN Department of Education, in project planning and financial management roles, giving him a thorough understanding of government structures and policies. He also spent time in the private sector, working as a financial consultant in several firms. His interest in GovProp is to unlock real estate opportunities within the public sector through the introduction of private capital. He epitomizes the business leadership requirements of the new South Africa through actively addressing the need for radical transformation.
- Read Speaker BioAyanda is a young aspirant entrepreneur with an extensive understanding of property, specifically property owned by the public sector. He can balance stakeholder interests to optimise the outcome for both the developers and the community. With over 10 years’ experience in the IT environment, most of these within the public sector, Ayanda is well versed in the operational aspects of the technical, project management and governance support environments. He is currently doing his final year BCOM degree in Strategic Management.
Head of Department: Corporate Services
South African Reserve Bank
- Read Speaker BioMmamoloko is a registered Town and Regional planner, a seasoned professional in the Build Environment specifically in the Property Development and Management space. She is holds Masters degrees from University of Witwatersrand and of KZN. She has experience working in both the public sector and private sector, managing Corporate Real Estate, Property Development projects and Land and Rights acquisitions process. Her work experience was gained while working for various organisations such as Emendo Town Planners, BPSA, Telkom SA and Eskom. Thorough out the 22 years in the industry, she has successfully led teams that were key in the delivery of critical infrastructures and developments in country. She currently holds the position of Head of Department: Corporate Services at the South African Reserve Bank.
11th Annual Public Sector Property and Land Administration Online Conference
R 6,888.50 Including VAT