- Addressing challenges of public sector property and land administration systems in the 21st century
- Promoting effective property and Land Governance for Sustainable Development
Effective property policies and land administration services are key for good governance. MillaSA welcomes you to the 9th Annual Public-Sector property and land administration conference 2018. Land expropriation without compensation has been formally endorsed as the country moves towards land reform. This year’s conference will focus on the issues surrounding state land and Property policies and implications on the economy. We will continue to also address the issues of effective public sector property administration. This year’s conference will assist relevant public sector agencies to be able to manage and provide state land information, develop policies that would address the current challenges and provide continuous research on public sector property and land. It will also highlight the possible role of private-public sector partnerships in developing appropriate and sustainable Property and land administration solutions. MillaSA’s conference will seek to discuss re-creation of land registry and property policies to rapidly meet the new needs of people who are securing and making transactions on their restituted properties.
Venue: Cape Town, South Africa • Dates: 5 – 6 September 2018, CTICC,Cape Town
General Manager: Eskom Real Estate
- Read Speaker BioMmamoloko is a registered Town and Regional planner, qualified in 1997 and registered with the South African Council of Planners. Her highest qualification is MSc Building in Property Development and Management from the University of Witwatersrand. She has experience in both the public sector and private sector, managing Corporate Real Estate, Property Development projects and Land and Rights acquisitions process.She has worked for a consulting firm, Emendo Inc, as a Junior Town Planner from 1997-2000. She then joined the Department of Public works as a Deputy Director then moved to BPSA as a Real Estate Developer. In 2005 she joined Eskom where she currently holds the position of General Manager: Eskom Real Estate. In this portfolio she leads a team that manages Eskom’s National Corporate Real Estate portfolio and the Land Development and Management portfolio.
Chief Executive Officer
Property Sector Charter Council
- Read Speaker BioPortia is currently the CEO of The Property Sector Charter Council. The organisation that is entrusted with developing the strategy and Programs to transform the property sector as outline in the Property Sector Charter. She has worked in various public and private entities and has an extensive knowledge and is an expert in “transformation” as driven in the RSA by the BBBEE framework. She also has extensive experience in dealing with and lobbying Government and a true expert on issues of transformation. She has led and facilitated the discussions on transformation targets with the major property stakeholders. A process which has enabled Property Sector to obtain its own Sector Charter under BBBEE Act. Portia lead a research process that aims to create a consolidated body of knowledge which fosters consistent understanding of the Property sector in South Africa. In the pursuit to understanding SA property sector, she revealed the first of its kind research information that consolidates the South African property industry market size and Impact of the South African Property Sector on the National Economy Portia’s has extensive experience working both locally and abroad. She has won numerous awards in her current role and continuous to serve in both Government and private sector boards and council especially in the property and Built environment sector
Head of Department for Real Estate
Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality
- Read Speaker BioManyane previously worked as Assistant Director (Housing Finance) in Gauteng Department of Housing; Deputy Director (Investment Analysis) at the National Department of Public Works; Senior Manager (Portfolio Analysis) at the City of Joburg Property Company (JPC). He is a Professional Valuer and an Incorporate Member of the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB). In 2014 he was appointed by the State President as the Sworn Appraiser to the Tax Court of the Republic of SA. His areas of interest include conducting project feasibility studies on land, development leases, land disposals, property Investment Analysis, mortgage lending, property finance as well as Highest and Best Use Analysis. Currently, Manyane is the Head of Department for Real Estate at the Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality, the metro that prides itself with getting a string of unqualified audits, including two clean audits as well as a prestigious AAA+ rating from Moody’s ratings agency. His research interest is to do a troubleshooting study that will look into elevating Ekurhuleni as the Metro to do business with, with a bias on high-rise vertical buildings. Manyane’s next career step is to offer consulting on the use of drone technology to do mapping, GIS, agricultural inspection and project management. Ask him for more . .
Director: Properties and Data
i @ Consulting (Pty) Ltd
- Read Speaker BioErina has 18 years’ professional experience within the built environment. She holds a Master’s Degree in Real Estate from Salford (UK), a Degree in Architecture (UP) and a Post Graduate Diploma in Management (WBS). She is a Certified Asset Management Accessor (SAAMA), a registered PMP as well as a Professional GISc Practitioner (SAGC). She has been involved in scores of projects within the public land management, asset management, valuation as well as development planning domain, including built environment performance plans, land audits / reconciliations, property management, valuation rolls, SDF’s, master plans, asset management plans, environmental plans and urban regeneration strategies.
Thabo I. Chelechele
One Touch Group
- Read Speaker BioMr Thabo I. Chelechele is the Managing Director of One Touch Group. Responsible for Management, Strategy and Accountability towards clients and stakeholders. Mr. Chelechele have B.Polsci and M.Phil from the University of Pretoria, Project Management from University of Cape Town and Immovable Asset Management from University of Free State. Mr. Chelechele serves as Facilitator for Custodian Asset Management Programme at Centre for Excellence Academy and Monash University. He is a member of Southern African Asset Management Association [SAAMA] and South African Facility Management Association [SAFMA].He has implemented number of Infrastructure related projects which include implementation of Government Immovable Asset Management Act [GIAMA, 19 of 2007] in number of provincial and
national government departments; implementation of Municipal Property Rates Act, [MPRA 17 of 2004] for number of Municipalities and skills development on Spatial Planning and Land Use Management Act [SPLUMA, 16 of 2003] for local government. He is currently assisting certain mines and agricultural clients with the analysis of the Land Parcel Audit using drones
Property Valuer / Arbitrator/
Property Consultant & Managing Member
- Read Speaker BioJerry L Margolius & Associates
Jerry Margolius is a Professional Valuer, Arbitrator and Managing Member of Jerry L Margolius & Associates CC (“JLM”). He conducts a general valuation practice specialising in municipal valuations, historical valuations, expropriations and acts as an expert witness as well as provides valuation litigation support services. Jerry holds a National Diploma in Property Valuation, Higher Diploma in Arbitration and a Master of Philosophy Degree (UCT). He is a Fellow of the SA Institute of Valuers (Life) and Association of Arbitrators as well as a past President of the SAIV. He served on the SA Council for the Property Valuers Profession and currently the Council for the Built Environment. Jerry has served on various governmental and provincial tasks teams. Currently he is the editor of the SA Valuers Manual and a member of The Western Cape Property Committee.
UniqueCo Property Valuers
- Read Speaker BioLourens started his career with C P De Leeuw Appraisers & Quantity Surveyors in 1995 until 1999. Self-employed as L Nel Appraisers in
Mpumalanga until 2002. He re-joined De Leeuw Group as Johannesburg manager until 2003. From 2004 to 2009 he held the positions
of Executive Director and acting CEO for Dijalo Property Valuations, after which he established UNIQUECO Property Valuers. Lourens is a
registered Professional Valuer with the South African Council for the Property Valuation Profession. Member to the South African Institute of
Valuers, EXCO board member and Chairman of Community of Practice Valuations for the South African Right of Way Association (SARWA).
Sandisiwe “Sandi” Mbutuma
Azzaro Quantity Surveyors (Pty) Ltd
- Read Speaker Bio& Chairwoman – Women’s property network
Her career started in 1999 as a trainee at BWR (Bathuleng Wallace Raubenheimer) in Woodmead where
she gained training in commercial building projects – Woodlands Office Park and Johannesburg Country
Club. She joined BTKM (Bham Tayob Khan & Matunda) in Greenside in 2001 where she served as a Junior
Quantity Surveyor on commercial building projects and also received special training in empowerment
auditing of Meropa Entertainment World and Casino in Pietersburg. She then joined TFMC where she
gained a wealth of experience in Facilities Management. She acted as a Head of QS department in Cape
Town reporting to Head Office in Pretoria. She was also afforded the opportunity to conduct technical
audits countrywide with Telkom’s team of auditors. She progressed in her career by joining Brian
Heineberg and Associates in 2005 where she worked on prestigious projects of Maia Luxury Resort in
Seychelles and has completed commercial projects within Gauteng gaining herself Associateship position
at Brian Heineberg & Associates and a Partner of Brian Heineberg & Partners. In 2011, she joined Pentad
Quantity Surveyors as an Executive Director and shareholder also serving the firm’s BEE portfolio as a chair.
Her recent departure in 2015 propelled her to start up her own firm which is 67% black female controlled
Director/ Head of Litigation
Alan Levy Attorneys
- Read Speaker BioMark Millner obtained his LLB from the University of the Witwatersrand and was admitted as an attorney in 2009. He has dealt with matters across many ambits including family, criminal and labour law, however, his areas of greatest experience are civil and commercial litigation. As his career progressed, he started specialising in property litigation especially evictions. Initially dealing with purely residential, or PIE, evictions and thereafter getting involved in commercial evictions and ultimately the full spectrum of property and commercial litigation. Mark has enjoyed success especially in the realm of Landlord Tenant Law. He has represented clients on numerous occasions at Urgent Court for evictions and other applications, representing both Applicant and Respondent, and emerged victorious. He has lead teams in matters in the Supreme Court of Appeal and the Constitutional Court. He is currently a Director at Alan Levy Attorneys in Sandton Johannesburg. He thrives in developing dynamic, thoughtful and innovative solutions that provide his clients tangible and meaningful outcomes from litigation.
Public Sector Property and Land Administration in the New Era
R 10,338.50 Including VAT