Dates:16-17 August 2017
Theme: Managing Executive’s Compensation, Reviewing Compensation Policies in wake of the global executive bonuses crisis
Compensation for the chief executives and executives of the biggest global companies have come under severe pressure both from regulators, government and investors. There is widespread scepticism and loss of public confidence over executive pay. To hear more from experts on this subject, Register Now.
Here are some reasons to attend this year’s event
- Learn the implementation of the company’s long term executive pay strategy –reward for successfully implementing the strategy
- Know what restrictions need to be in place to prevent payment for failure under alternative structures?
- Find out if there any actions or behavioural change required on the part of companies, remuneration committees, shareholders and other market actors in order to implement alternatives or accept a wider range of structures?
Partner: SA Reward Consulting Practice
- Read Speaker BioMartin is a Partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers in South Africa with responsibility for the South African Reward Consulting Practice (Compensation and Benefits). He was previously Group Executive: Reward and HR Analytics at Vodacom. He has a Master of Science degree from Carnegie Mellon University in the USA and extensive experience in advising Companies and their Board Committees, with a particular focus on Executive Remuneration, Strategy Development and Evaluation, Investment decisions, Value Driver Models, Balanced Scorecards, Performance Management and Information Technology to deliver Value.
Remuneration and Benefits Executive
- Read Speaker BioPindeka is the Remuneration and Benefits Executive at Tongaat Hulett. She plays a key role in the management of remuneration and benefits for senior management on a Tongaat Hulett wide basis across all countries in the SADC region where Tongaat Hulett operates. She was appointed to this position in 2013.She has extensive working experience in various fields and companies. She has worked at Sasol in the Supply Chain area, at Eskom as a Contracts Manager in Projects Sourcing and Procurement area, as a Projects Engineer at Xstrata Coal South Africa and at DeBeers Consolidated Mines as an Engineer. She is a qualified Engineer with BSc in Electrical Engineering and also holds BComm Honors in Financial Management.
- Read Speaker Bio“Bryden Morton studied at the University of Pretoria where he completed his Bcom (Hons) Economics degree. He is currently an Executive Director at 21st Century and regularly publishes a variety of articles in the media and is an annual contributor of academic papers to the SARA African Journal of Reward.”
Executive: Performance, Remuneration
and Benefits SARS
- Read Speaker BioTakalani has a BA Honours in Psychology from UKZN and Master of Business Leadership degree. He completed an Organization Development Programme through Louw Du Toit and Associates, in association with Pepperdine University, USA. As a professional, Takalani has presented talks on HR topics. He presented at the SA HR Best Practice Summit 2006, and other international conferences. In 2007, he was admitted as Fellow of the Archbishop Tutu Leadership Fellowship under the auspices of the African Leadership Institute and SaÏd Business School, Oxford University, UK. Takalani has served as the Executive: Performance, Remuneration and Benefits for SARS for the last 6 years.
- Read Speaker BioLaurence is the MD of Khokhela Consulting which covers all aspects of remuneration. Khokhela also focusses on improving the top and bottom line of organisations by partnering with clients to ensure that their remuneration and performance management practices are aligned with the company’s strategy. Laurence specializes in all forms of variable pay including share schemes, short term incentives and board and executive pay. His keen interest is in linking performance to pay. Laurence has been accredited as a Master Reward Specialist by the South African Reward Association (SARA) and is a member of SARA’s Executive Committee and Chairman of the Professionalisation Committee.
Martin JR Westcott
P-E Corporate Services
- Read Speaker BioAfter matriculating in Cape Town, Martin completed a B.Sc. Degree in Chemical Engineering at U.C.T. and, subsequently, a Masters Degree in Business Leadership (cum laude) at the University of South Africa. He holds post graduate qualifications in management and organisation behaviour and has attended a substantial number of international seminars and conferences.His early career was spent in process design and product management in the chemical and contracting industries. He joined P E Corporate Services (then P-E Consulting Group) in the 1970’s and his consulting career has included work in production and engineering management; productivity, marketing, strategy and organisation, and human resource management. He has consulted widely, completing over 250 major projects in all of these areas in South Africa, Africa and in other parts of the world. He was appointed as Chief Executive of P-E Corporate Services in 1985 and became Executive Chairman in 2012.During the past 20 years he has specialised in the field of executive remuneration and currently advises a wide range of organisations at Board level, in this area.Martin is a registered Professional Engineer, Chartered Human Resource Practitioner and Mentor of the South African Board of Personnel Practice. He is also a member of numerous professional groups and has written and presented over 300 papers in the management field. He is a frequent commentator on radio, television and in the media on manpower and business management issues.He has traveled widely and is active in sports and the community service field.”
Executive Online Group
- Read Speaker BioAlison holds two positions in two distinct “Global Franchise Businesses” under different brands offering recruitment services across junior, senior & executive levels. Executives Online Group is an international professional services company that employs a unique blend of online methods and personal, proficient service to deliver targeted and cost-effective executive recruitment, for interim management and permanent roles. She is interested in helping businesses to realise goals through building a great asset. Alison specialises in Interim Management, Executive Search, Franchise Sales, franchise contract negotiation, franchise recruitment, franchise operations, executive recruitment – interim management provider, executive search and permanent recruitment.
Unique Safety Wear & Gear
- Read Speaker BioFormer Head of Compensation and Benefits for SAB, ABI and other subsidiaries
Jean’s career spans over 20 years in Corporate having worked for some amazing companies such as South African Breweries, Mutual & Federal, Rainbow Chickens, Investec and De Beers, amongst others. Her strengths are predominantly in creating new Remuneration divisions or restoring ones that have lost their credibility. Jean has been innovative in introducing various incentive and recognition schemes during her career. She holds MBA with her dissertation having been on Reward Management. Jean recently left South African Breweries where she was the Head of Compensation and Benefits for SAB, ABI and other subsidiaries. Prior to this she headed up the Reward component for Mutual & Federal. She left the corporate world early this year to pursue a dream business venture in providing Safety and Corporate Wear. Jean is still involved in the Reward professional through adhoc consulting assignments.
Remuneration Management Services
- Read Speaker BioJohn Mansfield runs a consulting practice, Remuneration Management Services (RMS), a company he founded in 1993 and is the Global Lead: Remuneration for the Maturity Institute (MI), a UK based think-tank dedicated to setting global standards for organisations. More recently he has developed a CEO Remuneration Model linking CEO pay to Total Stakeholder Value based on MI’s 10 Pillars of sustainable organisational growth. The model informs MI’s response to the UK government green paper, initiated by the UK Prime Minister Theresa May, calling for an executive pay model that promotes inclusive capitalism. It was also published in the March 2017 edition of HR Magazine in the UK. John is also currently part of the team assessing corporate governance in 20 global banks using MI’s cultural assessment instruments.
Head: People Services
Siyakha Implementation Partners
- Read Speaker BioMargaret heads up the People Services division at Siyakha Implementation Partners. She has enjoyed a career of over 22 years within the People and Skills environment and remains passionate about her field. Her excellent understanding of business operations has cemented her value in creating and implementing business solutions. With great passion she drives meaningful transformation, focusing on employee development that drives business objectives as well as individual development. Before joining Siyakha, Margaret was the HR Manager at 1Surance. A key aspect of this role was to build and maintain relationships with Union Management Structures and Employer Group Schemes as well as Internal Marketing, Facility Management, HR Management, Payroll and Training. Before joining 1Surance, Margaret held various HR positions at Emperors Palace Casino and Convention Resort, Vodacom and Volkswagen South Africa.
TriBrach Consultants (Pty) Limited
- Read Speaker BioAssociate Executive Compensation – Deloitte Consulting (Pty) Limited
A leading consultant in South Africa in assisting companies in the review, revision, and reformulation of their reward strategies, particularly their share schemes, in the light of recent international and local developments in accounting, tax and regulatory matters.
In the last fifteen years he has assisted more than a hundred companies in the design, documentation and implementation of their annual and long term (share based) incentives.
He is now advising companies how best to address the design, documentation and disclosure of their executive compensation policy & its implementation in the context of the increasing shareholder scrutiny and activism.
Information Solutions Business
Leader Sub-Sahara Africa
- Read Speaker BioMercer Consulting South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Nicol leads the Information Solutions line of business for Mercer South Africa overseeing activities in 36 countries across sub-Sahara Africa. He has extensive knowledge and insight to compensation & benefits trends on the African Continent. He advises several companies on their compensation & benefits practices. He has guided and supported clients in the implementation of agreed pay structures and policies by analyzing their remuneration philosophy, guiding where none is in place. He provides global guidance on pay structure in several markets in Africa. He regularly provides guidance to CEO, CHRO’s and CFO’s and the Executive Committees of clients on the African continent.Nicol holds a B Com Law degree from University of Pretoria he also obtained his honors degree in Financial Management through the same University. He has completed up to Managerial Level of CIMA, through the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants in the United Kingdom. Nicol holds a certification through the WorldAtWork in the United States of America as a Global Remuneration Professional (GRP) and a Certified Compensation Professional (CCP).
- Read Speaker BioLoshni Govender is the HR Director at Rhodes University. She is currently completing a PhD in Human Resources Management through Stellenbosch University. Registered as a Master HR Practitioner with the SABPP, Loshni has a background and qualifications in education, management, labour studies and Human Resources management.
- Read Speaker BioChad Schaefer is the Africa Leader for EY People Advisory Services. He helps executives create impact through innovation, growth and capability development. He has expertise in designing and leading strategy, people and technology solutions for listed companies and governments across the globe.
His industry experience includes, financial services, consumer business, digital, manufacturing, construction, transportation, public sector, mining, energy, telecommunications and media.