The theme of this event will be: “FACTORS TO CONSIDER ON CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS”
This event is accredited by ECSA with 0.5 CPD point.
Dr Abimbola Windapo |Associate Professor & Editor, Journal of Construction Business and Management at the Department of Construction Economics and Management | University of Cape Town
- Read Speaker BioDr. Abimbola Windapo is an Associate Professor at the Department of Construction Economics and Management at the University of Cape Town, with more than 28 years of experience in the construction industry. She is a registered Construction Project Manager with the SA Council for the Project and Construction Management Profession (SACPCMP) and Registered Builder with CORBON. Her research focus is in the area of construction industry development from a performance and practice perspective
Chief Executive Officer
- Read Speaker BioLebo Leshabane was born in Ga-Modjadji, Tzaneen in Limpopo. She has qualifications in Bsc. Eng. Civil (Hons) Wits University (2002), Business Management UNISA (2004), GDE (Project Management, Property Law) Wits University (2006) & Strategy is Innovation (Feb 2018) Tuck Executive Education in Dartmouth. She also has qualifications in Internet of Things (IoT) (Aug 2018) Massachusetts Institute of Technology(MIT), Sloan School of Management & Business Analytics (Dec 2018) University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School.She has over 17 years of industry experience in various management and leadership positions working for companies such as BT Mongwe & Associates, Transnet Freight Rail, BT Mongwe & Associates Consulting Engineers and SAA. She was the Managing Director for Black Jills and is currently CEO of iX engineers.She has also been the Deputy President of the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) and a Council Member of the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA). She previously served on the Board of Spectrum Valuations Company and Gauteng Partnership Fund (GPF). She is currently the Chairperson of National Electronic and Media Institute of South Africa (NEMISA).
Dr Tshidi Gule
- Read Speaker BioDr Tshidi Gule is an accomplished medical practitioner who has successfully pioneered and implemented health models for multiple sectors within South Africa for more than ten years. She is an experienced medical planner and wellness expert in health, safety and employee wellness management. She founded the Medispace Lifestyle Institute in 2006, and is now the Medical Director at Legulo Africa, driving organisations towards business continuity during the COVID19 pandemic. She is regular voice of health leadership across multiple media including IOL, SABC News, SABC Radio, eNCA, Destiny magazine and Talk Radio 702.
- Read Speaker BioA civil engineer by profession, Ian has over 18 years of contracting construction experience and 30 years commercial consulting experience. He has worked with some of South Africa’s largest contractors and employers providing specialist services in the building, construction, engineering and mining industries in the promotion and defence of contract claims; management of disputes; alternative dispute resolution; project structuring and training. He also has experience in forensic audits and has provided expert witness services for a number of arbitrations. Ian sits on the South African panels of the ICE-SA NEC Adjudicators, Association of Arbitrators, SAICE and CIDB. He is also on the international panel of the FIDIC Presidents List of Adjudicators.Ian’s depth of knowledge is evident from the range of construction and contract forms that he has worked on both locally and internationally. He has made a special study of and is an expert in the quantification of disruption and acceleration claims.
Chief Operations Officer
- Read Speaker BioPreven Naicker joined VNA Consulting in 2013 as a Group Executive and worked his way up to Chief Operations Officer. Apart from having qualifications in Architecture and Project Management, he is also a registered Professional Senior Architectural Technologist and a Professional Construction Project Manager with 22 years of experience in the built environment. Preven has a vast knowledge of the built environment with specialization in respect of Project Management, Property Development, Airport Planning and Design, Commercial, Residential, Civil and Structural Engineering Projects. His experience to date underlines his philosophy that you learn something new every day.
Advancing the Construction Agenda Beyond COVID-19 Webinar
R 1,490.00 Including VAT