Over the years delegates and key-note speakers have shared and Industry executives have explored, shared and mitigated various projects risk failures and success stories. There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns.” But, when applied to construction, an argument could be made that a good contractor anticipates the things they know they don’t know or the “known unknowns.” How you will anticipate changes in the construction industry market and learn about challenges that might present themselves in the upcoming year depends on your awareness to the impending crisis. Take advantage of Milla SA’s annual event and register to attend. Meet more risk managers, insurance agents, brokers, attorneys, construction industry teams, project consultants, experts, engineers and underwriters.
- Strategic risk assessment of your corporate exposures
- Design of policy structure to help you protect your investments
- Skilled, proactive advocacy throughout the claims process
- Managing projects risks in troubled times
Venue: Sandton JHB, South Africa 15 -16 November 2017
- Learn the key trends, challenges, and opportunities that may impact your business and influence your strategy in 2018 and beyond
- Gain perspectives and insights from our Construction Projects forward thinkers.
- What are the trends that can help your companies manage projects costs?
- Find out how to identify the needs of your field team and find a solution that meets those needs.
- Your team can work smarter with software that’s built with them in mind, helping you say goodbye to frustrating processes and hello to productivity.
- Discover the answers to these questions, and more, by attending this event.
Charlene de Beer
Turner & Townsend
- Read Speaker BioCharlene de Beer (CdB) is the Risk Lead for Africa in Turner & Townsend and heads up the Risk Management division in the company. CdB has been key to establishing qualitative and quantitative risk analysis and management techniques for projects commissioned by Turner & Townsend in the oil & gas, mining and infrastructure sectors. CdB also heads up feasibility studies, construction risk reviews, contingency estimates for cost and schedule, validation of cost and schedule contingencies, business case studies as well as risk management training for various sectors.
Chief Executive Officer
Inyatsi Construction Group Holdings (Pty) Ltd
- Read Speaker BioTommy Strydom is the CEO of Inyatsi Construction Group Holdings. A construction Company which its main activity is construction of roads, bridges, buildings, water works etc. Tommy is a graduate of Rand Afrikaans University where he obtained a BEng in civil engineering and furthered his studies in the University of Johannesburg in 1998.Prior to the Current Position that he holds: he worked mostly for construction companies from penultimate year at university. In the year 1997 he started working as site engineer at WBHO before progressing to contracts manager at Lonerock Construction in 2007. Soon afterwards, his expanding expertise in engineering allowed him to join Inyatsi Construction in 2009 as a contracts manager, later becoming GM for South Africa and Namibia and then MD of Inyatsi’s Mozambique subsidiary, NCC. During this time, he also became director of Inyatsi Botswana before becoming CEO of Inyatsi Group.He currently represents the Inyatsi Group on the World Economic Forum where Inyatsi is one of only 1000 companies worldwide that are members of this exclusive forum.
Chief Executive Officer
- Read Speaker BioLebo Leshabane is a Civil Engineer with 15 years’ experience in infrastructure delivery, project management and business management. With a BSc. Eng. Civil (Hons) from Wits University and diplomas in business management and engineering (GDE), she worked for a consulting engineering firm, Transnet Freight Rail and South African Airways before becoming founder and Managing Director of Black Jill’s Engineers. She sat on the Board of Spectrum Asset Management Company and the Gauteng Partnership Fund (GPF) and is an ECSA council member.
Dr Urishanie Govender
Director and General Manager
GIBB (Pty) Ltd
- Read Speaker BioDr Urishanie Govender has more than 20 years of experience in providing leadership on sustainability assessments and corporate environmental compliance. Dr Govender led several projects in South Africa and Africa, including water and emission licensing and infrastructure upgrades. She developed an integrated systems framework for safety; health; environment and quality management to enable legal compliance during mega project feasibility and efficient implementation of management controls post authorisation. Her sustainability expertise includes carbon management and integrated reporting. Her experience also includes business leadership and corporate governance.
- Read Speaker BioTI was born in Klerksdorp, 4th June 1969. Finished my school care at Technical High School Vereeniging and was the last intake for the 2 year Military Service at the School of Engineers.B- Engineering (Civil) degree at the University of Stellenbosch in 1994.Register as Professional Engineer in 1999 .MBA degree at Regent University in USA in 2012 CMP 2015.Started working for Grinaker, who later became Grinaker-LTA in the Civil & Earthworks Division. Joined Stefanutti & Bressan in 2004 and moved to the Building Devsion.in 2005. A new opportunity opened up in 2014 with Murray & Dickson Construction.
Mr Jacques Harris
Group Environmental Manager
GCS (PTY) LTD
- Read Speaker BioJacques Harris is currently a Group Environmental Manager (SACNASP registered) with over 21 years’ experience in the management of a number of diverse projects and programs related to the Environment, Social, Waste, Health and Safety, Risk, Manufacturing, Marketing and Technology development. He has been actively involved with Environmental Management for the last 21 years starting when he designed and operated a waste water facility. He initiated the compliance certification (ISO 14001 and ISO 18001) as the Laboratory Manager and later became the SHERQ Manager in charge of the yearly SHEQ compliance, climate change and sustainability monitoring for the business in South Africa.
Construction Services Manager
- Read Speaker BioViresh Singh is a Professional Surveyor operating in the Land and Engineering Survey field for approximately 26 years. Viresh has bachelor’s of technology (Survey) qualification together with various management qualifications from international educational institutes namely Henley Business School and Gordon Institute of Business Science. Viresh’s areas of expertise includes Strategic management, Global Positioning Systems, managing consultants undertaking Lidar surveys, detection of underground services and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles to name a few. Viresh heads up the Construction Services Section at Rand Water, which comprises Land and Rights, SHERQ (Safety, Health, Environment, Risk and Quality) and Pipeline Protection services sub-sections. Viresh’s role more recently has been focused on strategically managing the key risk of Encroachments over Rand Water’s pipeline, servitudes and properties.
Gauteng Department of Human Settlements
- Read Speaker BioMs Zanele Makhubo is Chief Risk Officer for the Gauteng Department of Human Settlements; and coordinates and implements business continuity processes. She has been advocating for risk management in the public sector as a Speaker and Panel member. Zanele holds a BA in Education and National Diploma in Accounting; completed a Diploma in Business Continuity Management with Buckinghamshire New University in collaboration with BCI (UK). She is the chairperson of the IRM (UK), South African Regional Group. Previously, an educator; Zanele worked for the Office of the Auditor-General and later joined the Gauteng Department of Housing as an internal auditor.
Dentons, South Africa
- Read Speaker BioZama is a senior associate in Dentons’ Construction, Infrastructure and PPP team. Her focus is on contentious and non-contentious construction and engineering legal matters. Zama has vast experience in reviewing, drafting and giving advice on the standard form and bespoke construction contracts. These include EPC, EPCM, design and build, O&M, and design, build and operate (DBO) contracts, as well as professional appointments. She has advised both the public and private sectors on FIDIC, NEC, JBCC and GCC agreements. She is also experienced in mediations, adjudications, arbitrations, as well as superior court trial and application proceedings arising from various construction contracts.
Group Head of Legal & Corporate Reporting
- Read Speaker BioKhaya Mantengu is an admitted attorney. He spent 3 years at DLA Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr where he specialized in the projects and infrastructure. He later moved to ENSafrica where he worked as a senior associate for over 3 years in the Construction and Engineering department. He is currently the Group Legal Counsel at Dynamic Instruments (Pty) Ltd. His experience includes working on contentious and non-contentious matters based on the NEC3 suite of contracts, FIDIC suite of contracts, JBCC suite of contracts and the GCC. He has worked on several infrastructure projects including IPPs, Kusile Power Station, Ingula Pump Storage Scheme and Bagatelle Dam (Mauritius). In his current role he is tasked with managing commercial risks of the group across all current and potential projects.
Contract Communicator Systems
- Read Speaker BioLeon is an information systems expert with over 10 years’ experience in the construction industry. He has designed and implemented electronic systems for major contractors, EPCM’s and employers both locally and abroad. Leon specializes in automating complex contractual processes related to risk and change using electronic systems to increase contractual compliance while reducing spend on human resources.
Associate – Construction and Engineering
Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr
- Read Speaker BioJason is an attorney and notary public at CDH and assists the Construction & Engineering team with drafting and reviewing of all forms of construction contracts including FIDIC, NEC and JBCC standard form contracts and EPC and O&M contracts in the REIPPP Programme. He also assists clients with construction disputes at all levels and was involved in litigation on behalf of an Employer in respect of various large key-point projects dealing with port construction and fuel accumulator tanks. Jason has advised on various infrastructure-based construction projects including, wind and solar energy plants, dust processing plants and nonwoven textile production plants.
Group Head of Legal & Corporate Reporting
- Read Speaker BioProfile: Dr Gcebekile Dlamini is the Operations, Procurement and Compliance at the Construction Industry Council in Swaziland. Gcebekile has 13 years’ experience in socio-economic development and programme management in private, non-governmental organizations and the construction industry, focusing on human settlements, social housing and enterprise development. She holds a PhD in Construction Management. Her thesis addresses various management and construction sociology themes such as Organizational Culture, Work-life Balance and Individual performance. Furthermore, she holds a MA Degree in Development Studies, BA Hons in Sociology and a BA Law. Dr Dlamini has interests in multidisciplinary development research and programme management aimed at sustainable livelihoods.
Lets get started…
Like what you see? Tell the world…