Fire Systems Design and Engineering industry is being digitised! Thanks to the new dawn of the 4IR. We have travelled a long way from water and sand, Hydrants and sprinklers, Automated Fire Detection and suppression. It’s time to embrace Wireless Sensor Networks and Cloud Connectivity. How far have we gone with Fire Systems Design and Engineering in this digital age? What does the future of the industry look like? And what opportunities and risks do they provide for planners, engineers, manufacturers and installers? Join us on Africa’s biggest fire industry and greatly benefit from the presentations and panel sessions. Meet the industry professionals and the experts to adopt these latest technologies and enjoy the benefits of the transformation.
Mr Rudolf Opperman |Technical Advisor: Architecture and National Building Regulations |National Regulator for Compulsory Specifications (NRCS)
- Read Speaker BioMr Rudolf Opperman is the Technical Advisor for Architecture and the National Building Regulations to the National Regulator for Compulsory Specifications. The NRCS is also the Building Regulator on behalf of the Minister of the Department of Industry. Mr Opperman was a Building Control Officer in the employ of the City of Johannesburg for 17 years before joining the NRCS. During his tenure as an Assistant Director at the Building Control Department of the City, he honed his skills as a building regulator. Prior to his tenure with the City of Johannesburg he was employed with the Architectural firm Osmond Lange as a Project Architect. Rudolf Opperman left the architectural field after 6 years exemplary service, to take up a career within the regulatory environment. At the time of his departure from the Architectural profession, he had risen to the level of an associated partner in one of the bigger architectural firms within South Africa.
Jakes Malatse | Specialist: Electrical and Mechanical Engineering | National Department of Employment & Labour
- Read Speaker BioAcademic Qualifications and Year attained:National diploma electrical engineering, Higher national diploma electrical engineering, and Master’s degree philosophy. Years’ Experience Post-qualification: Strategic leadership and management, Professional trainer certificate, Basic economic course, Performance management course, Customer satisfaction course, Occupational health and safety management system based on OHSAS 18000, Integration of management systems ISO 14001, ISO 9000, OHSAS 18000. Professional Experience Worked as a lecturer at Technicon Northern Gauteng, Director Electrical and Mechanical Engineering National Department of Labour, Acting Chief Inspector National Department of Employment & Labour, Current position: Specialist: Electrical and Mechanical Engineering at National Department of Employment and Labour.
Ntozelizwe Benjamin Mqenebe
- Read Speaker BioNtozelizwe Mqenebe is a Master Facilitator about Fire Design, Fire Suppression and Safety. Ntozelizwe is a Mechanical Engineer from the University of Johannesburg and a registered Professional Engineer with the Engineering Council of South Africa. Ntozelizwe’s role at Lizwe Engineers he is the CEO and a Lead Engineer in critical projects that include Fire Engineering Designs for Municipalities, Private Organizations and Health Institutions in and around South Africa as well as neighbouring countries in the SADEC Region. His is to provide direction strategically in line with the Design and conduct the HAZOP along those designs according to the industry requirements.
Curvent International (Pty) Ltd
- Read Speaker BioTJ is the Technical director at Curvent International, he has 20 years’ experience in various fields in the fire industry, he has served the industry from installer to inspector. He specializes in performance based designs for smoke ventilation based on international standards and has experience with the following standards, SANS , NFPA , BS EN , BS and QCD.TJ serves on various committees and work groups at the SABS tasked with the redevelopment and upgrading of standards related with the fire industry.
Miqnah Properties (Pty) Ltd
- Read Speaker BioBraam was involved in the Pretoria and Tshwane Fire Department for 23 years in all the divisions (admin, logistics, IT, training, operations & fire safety). He currently runs a successful company in a multi-million Rand group that deals with fire safety, equipment manufacturing, mining, HV electrical sub-station construction, security and the electronic BMS systems
- Read Speaker BioRon is a director of Fire Serve, a specialised smoke control consultancy and product procurer. He has 34 years’ experience in the air movement industry, the last 22 years specialising in smoke control. He is dedicated to promoting code compliant designs, specifically the application of the EN 12101 standards writing numerous articles on the subject and delivering presentations to audiences nationally. He offers specialised advice into the consulting market. Embracing technology, he has aligned and partnered with market leaders ensuring these services and products are available locally in South Africa and the rest region.
- Read Speaker BioDawie is director of QFD Africa, a specialist Computational Fluid Dynamic (CFD) company focusing on building digital prototypes of physical systems. Having completed his studies as a Mechanical Engineer he went on to obtain his Masters degree, specialising in numerical modelling and with a specific focus on CFD. Working over a vast range of disciplines he has developed a niche position in smoke control modelling, specifically Basement smoke clearance systems.
Deon van Zyl
Managing Director & Group CEO
BRIGIT – Group of Companies
- Read Speaker BioDeon van Zyl is a highly motivated individual who are constantly aiming to improve his skills and discovering new challenges in his career. Deon is an outstanding leader and a focused business partner. He is self-employed since 2003, when he established Brigit™, a proudly South African company that offers integrated, comprehensive fire protection solutions for a multitude of different businesses. Brigit™ is an original equipment manufacturer with various product approvals and certification on gaseous suppression systems, smoke detection systems, passive fire products, portable fire extinguishers and various special risk fire equipment. The Group includes branches in Johannesburg, Durban, Cape Town, UK and multiple distribution partners all over Africa. Deon and his company endeavours to develop first-world fire detection and prevention infrastructure all over Africa.
SAQCC Fire and Centa Group
6th Annual Africa Fire Systems Design & Engineering Conference 2020
R 10,338.50 Including VAT