Milla SA announces the 5th BIM Africa 2020 conference. With growing demand for BIM and interests in Africa, the aim is to exchange best practices and critically scrutinize new developments. Innovative solutions for the complete construction value chain will be discussed. 5th BIM Africa Conference brings the right people together to drive the digitisation of construction processes. This will increase the quality and efficiency of the African construction industry. Rolling out BIM in Africa starts now. Building Information Modeling is currently one of the most discussed topics in the construction industry. But what opportunities does BIM bring to companies? What potential does virtual planning and realization offer for everyday professional life?
At the 5th Building Information Modeling Africa 2020 conference, subject matter experts answer these questions and show how professional BIM projects can be strategically built. From the point of view of the project participants in planning, construction, production and operation, practical demonstrations will be given on how digital modeling options can be used to work even more efficiently and economically in the construction industry.
We look forward to your participation.
Dr SOUBRA Souhail
EU BIM Task Group
- Read Speaker BioDr. Souhail Soubra is Chair of the EU BIM Task Group (http://www.eubim.eu/), He is also the Director of the IT department at CSTB (www.cstb.fr). His main fields of interest include Simulation Environments, Building Information Modelling, Geographical Information management, Virtual and Augmented Reality. He is managing CSTB’s IT department working on digital transition for the construction sector and in the frame of which two innovative immersive spaces have been put in place. He participated to several EC funded projects. Souhail Soubra is a member of various expert committees in “Construction IT” and has co-authored several publications and books in this field. He is a member of various BIM related standardization bodies (CEN TC 442, ISO TC 59 / SC13). He is currently contributing to the French “Plan BIM 2022”. This plan was launched in January 2019 by the ministry of housing in order to prepare a large-scale deployment of BIM in the French construction sector.
BuroHappold Engineering (UK)
- Read Speaker BioMay Winfield is an Associate Director at BuroHappold Engineering. She is a Senior construction lawyer for more than sixteen years and a leading UK legal specialist in BIM and construction technology. May has been advising on BIM contracts and disputes since 2011 in UK, UAE and parts of Europe where She prepared BIM guidance for use by many companies. She has spoken worldwide on BIM and technology (Singapore, Dubai, keynotes in Germany and Portugal) May wrote and co-authored award-nominated reports on BIM and is currently researching and writing a report on the international legal impact of the new international BIM standard, ISO19650. She also led the drafting team that produced the first UK standard contract guidance on BIM post-ISO 19650, i.e. the JCT Practice Note on BIM. Currently, May is leading a team to draft UK legal and contract guidance and standard Protocol for the ISO19650for the ISO19650
- Read Speaker BioMoses is the Executive Director at BIM Africa Initiative – a pan-African network of construction professionals passionate about the digital transformation of the built industry. He is a Quantity Surveyor, Construction Manager and BIM Specialist with interests in sustainability and technology in the African Construction Industry. He is a Researcher, Blogger, Advocate and Trainer (Autodesk Certified Instructor) exploring the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Extended Reality (VR/AR), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), and BIM-compliant Construction Management Software’s in construction projects. He has consulted and participated in numerous construction, infrastructure and estate development projects deploying Technology and Building Information Modelling to ensure project efficiency.
- Read Speaker BioVaughan has been involved in various sectors of the construction industry locally and internationally since graduating with a National Higher Diploma in Quantity Surveying 1994. His seven years with one of South Africa’s largest Construction Software development companies, Construction Computer Software gave him the opportunity of working closely with most of South Africa’s largest contractors in defining their internal systems and processes as well as being involved in implementing the information management systems on large capital projects. In addition to his valuable role within the construction industry in South Africa, he is founder of the BIM Blog and has recently been awarded the top 30 BIM Blogs on the internet. After founding BIM Institute in 2015 and developing the BIM National Guide for South Africa, Vaughan, successfully established the BIM Academy Africa and has recently steered the BIM implementation program for the Ethiopian Government (ECPMI) in 2017
Senior BIM Specialist
- Read Speaker BioJanine Strachan specialises in identifying best practices and methodologies for integrating BIM into everyday workflows. Janine develops and oversees BIM/Revit Workflows and Standards. Her role as BIM Specialist included continuous staff development, user and project-based support, maintaining Revit templates and content libraries and overseeing the implementation of BIM workflows on projects. Skilled in emerging software/application options forming the future of BIM, she is a proven leader in the best practices and methodology for integrating technology into everyday workflows for the AEC industry. Starting with (3D) coordination to generating (4D) schedules and (5D) quantities from models, Janine has delved deep into the BIM process. In addition, she had the opportunity to share this knowledge with audiences and publications across South Africa as a speaker at the 3rd Building Information Modelling in Africa Conference 2018. Her topic was focused around “Learning on the job – BIM is the way, but how?”, a presentation which resonated with delegates. Her article, “Learning BIM on the job”, was published in the June 2018 issue of Position IT Magazine.
Imraan Mahomed | Business Development Lead – Consumer Goods Light Industry | Royal Haskoning DHV
- Read Speaker BioImraan help multi-national clients to deliver capital projects in Africa and abroad. He has been fortunate to live through dramatic changes in the consulting engineering and construction industry since he qualified as a civil engineer at UKZN (BSc.Eng, 2001). Previosly, Imraan worked at 4 international firms (Murray & Roberts, Parsons Brinckerhoff, AECOM and RHDHV) and did his postgraduate studies in project management (MSc, Salford, UK, 2012) and business leadership (Executive MBA, UCT, 2017). He has experience in public and private sector capital projects, facility operations and strategic management.
Bus & Tech Innovation Senior Principal | Accenture
- Read Speaker BioHaving spent the last 19 years implementing enterprise asset management systems in asset intensive industries in Africa and abroad, Vernon is now focusing on public infrastructure delivery and working to unlock valuable and actionable insights from the lifecycle of planning, building, operating and maintaining public infrastructure assets for improved adherence to budget and schedule.
Senior Mechanical Engineering Draughtsman |Sutherland Engineers
- Read Speaker BioTanya is a Senior Mechanical Engineering Draughtsman in the Mechanical Department of Sutherland Engineers in Cape Town. She has over 15 years’ experience in the industry in the capacity of a draughtsman, which was achieved through advancing herself through self-study from a personal assistant in an engineering firm to a Senior Mechanical Engineering Draughtsman.Tanya is an experienced Wet Services (Water Reticulation, Soil & Waste and Stormwater Drainage), Fire and HVAC services Revit modeller utilizing Revit, Autocad and Navisworks as the primary tools in her toolbox.
University of Cape Town
- Read Speaker BioAmanda Mtya is a Lecturer at the University of Cape Town’s Construction Economics and Management Department. Her previous work experience involves construction site management (industrial and retail infrastructure), Project Management consultancy and public sector Infrastructure Project Management. Her research interests include construction management and the implementation of BIM standards and legislation in South Africa.
- Read Speaker BioZama Ngcobo is a Director in LNP Attorneys’ Construction, Infrastructure & PPPs department. Her focus is on contentious and non-contentious construction and engineering legal matters. She is well known for her cradle-to-grave expertise in complex infrastructure projects and has vast experience in drafting and advising on the standard form and bespoke construction contracts, including EPC, EPCM, Design & Build, O&M, BOOT, as well as professional appointments. Zama has advised and trained private and public sector clients on the use of FIDIC, NEC and JBCC agreements. She is also experienced in mediations, adjudications, arbitrations and superior court proceedings arising from construction contracts.
MLC Quantity Surveyors Botswana
- Read Speaker BioLen’s expertise within the construction industry span fifteen years of which nine were in South Africa before being appointed to the position of General Manager with MLC in Botswana. Project expertise includes cost planning and estimates, bill production, cost management, practice development, business development and training of professionals in the construction industry.Len was appointed to the position of Cost Management Practice Lead. With his past employer, he was responsible for practice development which focuses on developing ways to deliver projects at a faster rate, that are of a better quality and at the optimum level of profitability. His duties also included acting as Application Specialist for Global Unite. Global Unite is a system which gives companies the ability to collect and share project performance data. He is currently resident and acting Managing Director with MLC Quantity Surveyors in Botswana. The MLC office in Botswana provides the full range of QS services over a wide range of projects in Botswana and Zambia. Their clients are mainly from the private sector. Len also presents training courses in construction estimating on behalf of Alusani Skills and Training Network on a regular basis. Since 2014 he has been codeveloping an estimating application which will make quick and convenient estimates available to many in the construction and property industry.
Director: Infrastructure Programme Delivery
Western Cape Government Health
- Read Speaker BioWith formal training as an Architect, Lynn Spieringshoek-Martins is experienced in the Construction Sector in Southern Africa. Having been the director in a medium sized Architectural Practice and run her own business, her skill set includes both Public and Private sector infrastructure projects. In her current role as the Director: Infrastructure Programme Delivery at the Department of Health Lynn manages the delivery of the Infrastructure Programme related to Capex, Minor capital and Maintenance projects through interaction with Districts and Health Facilities and monitoring/oversight of Implementing Agents in the Western Cape. With a keen interest in innovation in infrastructure, Lynn is currently exploring the benefits of BIM to clients in the design and operations of buildings.
5th Building Information Modelling in Africa Conference 2020
R 10,338.50 Including VAT