O Pro-active Fire Risk Engineering Management Technologies
O Excellence through Efficiency: Collaborate, Innovate & Deliver
O Reliability, Maintainability & Fire Risk Outlook in Africa
O New Frontiers in Fire Safety Design: Video Image Fire Detection System (VIFDS)
Fire Systems Design and Engineering Annual Conference aims to bring together experts and specialists in design against fire from all over the world to share ideas and to acquire knowledge in the field of plant, chemical, industrial, mining, processing industries, structural fire engineering and any other fire risk sectors. Practice in structural engineering increasingly accepts the benefits of performance-based approaches to the design of structures for fire resistance. This conference will focus on the application of design methods, both manual and computational, for structures to resist fire. Particularly relevant themes will be fire modelling, simulation of the heat transfer between fire and structures, and modelling of structural behaviour at elevated temperatures using numerical methods or software implementations of design codes.
Here are some reasons to attend this year’s event
- Learn how to verify that your building products or systems meet designated fire and flammability requirements
- Gain the ability to collaborate closely with customers and supply partners to realise and maximise the most complex solutions on time and on spec, regardless of plant location and size.
- Join sessions and play a key role in delivering several of the plant fire systems design and engineering technologies required to make fire project risk a success.
- Share immediate risks associated with the ability to conduct tests to ANSI/UL, ASTM, CAN/ULC, and NFPA standards.
- Attending this event will give you access to one of the most diverse portfolios of testing services in the world. Whether you require testing to industry requirements or association standards, custom testing for research and development, or certification for your product or system, we have the expertise team you need.
- Learning how to innovate the connection with your customers can inspire your organisation to develop innovative fire engineering technologies and equipment, high-tech R&D centres, labs and pilot plants – designed in close collaboration with your strategic partners and delivered with passion worldwide.
Venue: CTICC, Cape Town, South Africa
Dates: 10 – 11 April 2019
Director Vertical Application Management
- Read Speaker BioMarkus is working in the security and safety industry for the Swiss Securitas Group for more than thirty years. He started out in the development department developing hardware and software solutions for security and safety systems, moved on to project management, security and safety consulting and later to international business development. He holds a bachelor’s in electrical engineering and a postgraduate degree in business administration.
The Fire Engineer (Pty) Ltd
- Read Speaker BioKarel is director of The Fire Engineer Consultancy Company. He has 29 years of experience in the fire industry which ranges from Code Prescriptive design, NFPA 101 & BS 9999 design to performance-based fire engineering using computer aided CFD Fire Dynamics modeling simulation to Evacuation modeling simulation. Karel is well experienced in smoke detection, fire water, sprinkler, smoke ventilation and special risk fire suppression designs and has managed numerous turnkey projects and fire system installations. He has good experience in testing and commissioning of different types of fire systems having built up extensive knowledge and experience as a fire engineer with the commissioning, interfacing and testing procedures of fire systems.
Ian du Plessis
Fire Engineering Technologist
- Read Speaker BioIan du Plessis began his career as a technician in the Civil engineering department of the SABS in 1968 and was head of the Construction Materials laboratories of the SABS for 14 years. He was then head of the Fire Engineering Division of the SABS for 15 years and then joined private practice for the past 13 years. As far as fire is concerned, he has experience in fire testing, fire investigations, expert witnessing in court proceedings, fire hazard and risk assessments in industry and in the specification of fire safety plans for buildings and industrial processes. He holds a Higher Diploma in Civil Engineering materials and a number of qualifications in fire engineering science. He is registered as a professional engineering technologist (Fire Engineering) with ECSA, is past president and a member of the Institute of Professional Engineering Technologists and a member of the Fire Engineers Association of South Africa.
Head: Fire Division
Spoormaker & Partners
- Read Speaker BioLaura earned her degree in Engineering at the University of Pretoria. She has worked at several well-known consulting firms including Africon (now Aurecon), Royal Haskoning and WSP and is now heading up the fire division at Spoormaker & Partners. She has developed a passion for fire safety design and has gained experience on a diverse number of projects including warehouses, shopping centres, hospitals and data centres.
Dr Niel Jordaan
- Read Speaker BioDr Niel Jordaan qualified as a Mechanical Engineer in 2003 and is registered as a Professional Engineer with the Engineering Council of South Africa. He has extensive experience in mining and plant related EPCM projects in various roles and obtained a PhD in Demand Side Management in 2008. He is working as Engineering Manager at Sperosens, a Centurion based company specializing in the design, supply, installation and maintenance of special risk fire protection solutions focusing mainly on mining and industrial applications.
CENTA Atlas Fire Security
- Read Speaker BioHans Davel studied Civil Engineering at the University of Stellenbosch where after he worked as a Civil Engineer at the Department of Water Affairs in Namibia. He joined CENTA Atlas Fire Security, Cape Town, in 1989 and became director in 1990. Since then he has been responsible for all technical, design and management aspects of fire protection projects undertaken by the company. The scope of these projects undertaken includes fire detection systems, gaseous fire suppression systems, passive fire protection and water based firefighting systems including sprinkler, water mist and special risk foam systems. He is a committee member of the Fire Fighting Equipment Traders Association and is Vice-Chairperson of the SAQCC-Fire D&GS Committee.
Corporate Specialist – Fire Protection
- Read Speaker BioMs Marlize Andrè qualified as a mechanical engineer in South Africa in 2002 and is registered as a Professional Engineer with the Engineering Council of South Africa. Marlize’s role within the South African Power Utility Eskom has advanced over 15 years to her current key role as a Corporate Specialist in Fire System Engineering. One of her key responsibilities for Eskom’s portfolio which comprises of multiple power generating utilities and other commercial assets is to provide direction in relation to fire protection services, fire risk management and ensuring on going fire design governance is continually maintained to best industry practice within Eskom.
Fire Protection Association of Southern Africa
- Read Speaker BioNalen is currently the Product Manager for two Business Units, Firestop and Installation Systems at Hilti SA. He has been with Hilti for three and a half years where he is presently actively involved in the knowledge sharing and development of Passive Fire Protection within South Africa. He obtained his B.Sc and M.Sc in Mechanical engineering from UKZN and Wits University respectively. He has worked in the Petrochemical Industry for KBR SA, in the Mining Sector for both Impala Platinum and Basil Read Matomo as a Mechanical Engineer and in the Construction Industry for Hilti SA.
De Wet Engelbrecht
Fire Design House
Shane Payne | Account Manager
Global Fire Detection Products
- Read Speaker BioI started off in the South African Navy and served for 12 years. In the navy I studied missile guidance systems and radar principles. This led to me serving for 9 years on Strike Craft Fast Attack Ships as a Weapons Technician. Electronic Gunner. I then pursued my career in the Fire Detection industry and I have never looked back. I have been in the industry for over 20 years. Starting out as a technical support engineer for a manufacturer, then took on the challenge of contracting only to end up back in manufacturing. Detection is my passion and I enjoy the challenges everyday brings.
If you would like to exhibit or sponsor please contact Tatenda Munetsi | firstname.lastname@example.org
5th Annual Fire Systems Design & Engineering Conference
R 11,488.50 Including VAT
Like what you see? Tell the world…