Theme: Economic Transformation through Property and Land Administration
- Property and Constitutional Order: Land Tenure Reform and the Future
- Spatial Planning and Land Use Management
- Property, Land, Law and Traditional Leadership
- Expropriation Bill Explained
This conference offers the opportunity to learn how to enhance processes and procedures for the management of buildings, land and other assets needed for the delivery of modern public services in this new era. The private sector potentially has a larger role to play. The event brings valuable learning, updates and benchmarking for all professionals and organisations in this sector. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to engage, share and learn.
Venue: Durban, South Africa • Dates: 04 – 05 November 2019
Chief Executive Officer
City of Joburg Property Company
- Read Speaker BioHelen is currently the Chief Executive Officer of the City of Joburg Property Company (JPC), which is the City’s sole property custodian. She has held this position since 2010. She has been with the City of Johannesburg since 2003 and was instrumental in setting up the existing Treasury Department. She was part of a highly successful team which took the first four municipal bonds in South Africa to market, and was project leader for the first municipal retail bond developed in the country. She has been responsible for the hand-over of more than 500 title deeds to beneficiaries as part of the Land Regularisation Programme. Helen has led the turn-around and integration of JPC with the City’s Facilities Management Department and the Metropolitan Trading Company, which was responsible for the informal trade and transport facilities of the City. Other projects, which she is proud to be associated with, include the award-winning iconic Johannesburg Council Chamber and the Soweto Theatre (within the Jabulani Development Precinct), the Johannesburg Holocaust and Genocide Centre, the Kgoro-Sandton Development and the Newtown Junction. Helen holds an MBA, a Bachelor of Banking Degree and a Diploma in Treasury Management. She has experience and expertise in Treasury and Banking, Money Market Trading, Trading of Financial Instruments, Foreign Exchange, Economic Development and Property Development and Management.
Chief Executive Officer
Innate Investment Solutions
- Read Speaker BioLynette Ntuli is the Founding Director and CEO of Innate Investment Solutions, a professional services firm in the built environment that provides property and infrastructure development services and enterprise asset management solutions. Ntuli has held senior leadership roles in the commercial, development and investment spheres of the property management and trade and investment sectors, and sits on the boards and working groups of various real estate organisations. Over a 14 year period, Ntuli has gathered diverse experiences in asset and infrastructure planning, management and development and her exposure to the built environment, accompanied by her articulation of this insight into high impact social and economic solutions, is an asset to providing holistic development solutions in Sub Saharan Africa. She holds post graduate property specific qualifications from the University of Pretoria and the University of Cape Town GSB. Lynette is actively involved at an executive and member level within various gender advocacy, youth lead and industry organisations in South Africa. She currently serves as a non-executive director of several listed and unlisted entities including Liberty Two Degrees, a JSE listed REIT and the Durban International Convention Centre.
Chief Executive Officer
Property Sector Charter Council
- Read Speaker BioPortia is currently the CEO of The Property Sector Charter Council, the organisation entrusted with developing the strategy and programs to transform the property sector as outlined in the Property Sector Charter. She has worked in various public and private entities and has extensive knowledge and expertise in “transformation” as driven in the RSA by the BBBEE framework. She has vast experience in dealing with and lobbying Government. She has led and facilitated the discussions on transformation targets with the major property stakeholders, a process which has enabled Property Sector to obtain its own Sector Charter under the BBBEE Act. Portia leads a research process that aims to create a consolidated body of knowledge which fosters consistent understanding of the Property sector in South Africa. In the pursuit to understanding SA property sector, she revealed the first of its kind research information that consolidates the South African property industry market size and Impact of the South African Property Sector on the National Economy. She has won numerous awards in her current role.
Director & Head: Land Reform Restitution & Tenure Practice | Werksmans Attorneys
- Read Speaker BioBulelwa Mabasa is a Director and Head of the Land Reform Restitution & Tenure Practice. Her expertise is spread across a number of practice areas, which include the following: Dispute Resolution; Infrastructure, Energy & Projects and Mining & Resources practice areas. Her areas of specialisation include administrative law; tenders and procurement; constitutional law; due diligence investigations; commercial law; expropriation litigation; mining law; and banking litigation. Bulelwa has written extensively in various articles on topics of interest, ranging from healthcare to energy and land restitution. She is a sought-after guest speaker at various conferences and has successfully represented high-profile clients in disputes pertaining to administrative law – such as tenders and procurement in High Courts and the Supreme Court of Appeal. Bulelwa was appointed by President Cyril Ramaphosa as member of his Expert Advisory Panel on Land Reform and Agriculture in September 2018.
Dr Zenzo Michael Ndima | Acting Divisional Head: Property Management & Portfolio Advisory Services | City of Ekurhuleni
- Read Speaker BioDr Zenzo Ndima is responsible for the strategic management of the property management function. Dr Ndima holds a PhD and Master of Management degree in the field of Public & Development Management from the Wits University School of Governance, a B. Tech Degree in Public Management (Unisa), a National Diploma in Public Management (Unisa), a National Certificate in Advanced Project Management (Unisa), an Effective Housing Delivery Certificate, a Housing Policy Development Certificate (Wits), a Coaching & Mentoring Certificate, and various management certificates.
Land Acquisition Manager
Trans-Caledon Tunnel Authority
- Read Speaker BioAndries Thebe acquired 17 years of experience in the Linear Infrastructure Development discipline. He possesses a wide skills set, including amongst others land and servitude acquisition, property administration, surveying, negotiations and stakeholders and conflict management. He is duly registered as a Geomatics Technician: Engineering Survey (GTc ES0619) with the South African Geomatics Council (SAGC), and is a member of the South African Rights of Way Association (SARWA) affiliates to International Rights of Way Association (IRWA). He has attained the following qualifications; N. Dip Surveying, B-Tech Surveying, B-Tech Project Management, APPM, MDP and PGDBA.
Property & Infrastructure Professional
- Read Speaker BioTshepiso is an experienced investment banking, property and infrastructure finance executive. She utilizes experience gained in the banking and land development sectors to assist private and public sector players to unlock investment and finance for infrastructure. She has worked at Standard Bank CIB, DBSA and Tongaat Hulett Developments as an Infrastructure Executive, as well as served as an Alternate Expert on the investment panel of a large private equity firm. She currently serves on the KZN Economic Council Infrastructure Task Team, as a representative for the Business sector. She was recently awarded the South African Women In Property Young Achiever Award (2018), in recognition of the leadership role she is playing in the commercial property sector. Tshepiso is passionate about education and meaningful participation of women in the property sector. The availability of urban infrastructure is a huge constraint in property development and consequent growth and employment in cities. Tshepiso’s interest thus lies in the packaging of infrastructure projects and funding solutions to unlock infrastructure delivery, in a manner that drives inclusive growth and transformation.
Jacques de Villiers
- Read Speaker BioJacques de Villiers has a BA and LLB from Rhodes University and is an admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa. Jacques has completed his Masters in Environmental Law through UKZN and will be graduating later in 2019. His thesis was on the Spatial Planning and Land Use Management Act (SPLUMA) and in particular the effect of Sections 29 to 30 on public service infrastructure. Jacques serves as the Legal Advisor for the MAJV, the property portfolio service provider for SANRAL. In this capacity he is currently involved in aligning SANRAL’s planning and infrastructure development with SPLUMA. Jacques also deals daily with State Property management matters such as expropriation disputes and compliance with expropriation procedures. He has sat as part of the provincial SPLUMA working group dealing with the draft provincial SPLUMA bill and has been appointed as the Vice-Chairperson of the Umvoti Municipality’s Municipal Planning Tribunal.
Professional Land Surveyor
- Read Speaker BioRaleigh Maesela holds a BSc Land Surveying degree obtained in 1987 from the University of KZN. This followed a Diploma in Survey which was obtained in 1980 from Madikoti Technical College in Seshego, Limpopo Province. He is a registered Professional Land Surveyor with the South African Geomatics Council (SAGC). He has experience in both the Public and Private Sector, having worked for the then Lebowa Homeland Government in the eighties. He moved into the Private Sector in 1994 when he opened his Private Land Surveying Practice in Polokwane. He is currently with GeoAfrika Surveys wherein he is a Director and his main focus is in dealing with Local Municipalities throughout the country on SPLUMA matters, which is mainly done on behalf of SANRAL under The MAJV, a joint venture in charge of SANRAL property portfolio. He is a former President of the South African Black Technical and Allied Careers Organisation (SABTACO) and currently he is the Vice President of the South African Geomatics Institute (SAGI)
- Read Speaker BioAdrian has over 8 years investment experience having worked across multiple sectors that include agriculture, renewable energy, SME funding, infrastructure and real estate. Prior to his current role Adrian worked as Technical Advisor at The Jobs Fund, National Treasury where he was part of the team responsible for designing fund term sheets, project appraisal and due diligence as well as project structuring and contract negotiations for the Infrastructure and Enterprise Development funding rounds. Earlier in his career Adrian worked in the investment team at Emvest, a private equity firm that invested exclusively in land and agricultural assets throughout the value chain with investments in South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Swaziland. Adrian holds a BCom (Hons) in Financial Analysis & Portfolio Management, a MCom Financial Management and an MSc Real Estate.
10th Annual Public Sector Property and Land Administration Conference
R 11,488.50Including VAT
Early bird : Till July 31 R8990
Standard booking : R9990